Pack Your Bags and Make Plans for a New Family Member
At the end of the second trimester, it's time to start thinking about packing your bag for the hospital. You don't need much, but you want to be ready, just in case. Pack this bag and put it in the trunk of your car, so you have it with you at all times.
Things to pack include the following:
- An outfit to wear home, keeping in mind that it should be something loose and comfortable (you won't shed that weight as fast as you'd like)
- Nursing bras and underwear (preferably old, since you'll still be bleeding and might end up throwing them away)
- PJs or gown (again, you'll probably want to wear the hospital's gowns at least the first night, because you might end up staining anything you bring)
- Favorite pillow
- Music player and music (if you want this in the labor room to soothe you)
- Baby clothes and blankets to carry the baby home
- Baby car seat
- Camera and/or video camera
Reproduced from Absolute Beginner's Guide to Pregnancy, by John Adams and Marta Justak, by permission of Pearson Education. Copyright © 2005 by Que Publishing. Please visit Amazon to order your own copy.